Bert Francke is board certified in Psychiatry and sub-specialty board certified in Forensic Psychiatry.
He is a graduate of the William Alanson White Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis.
- Attended Medical School at Munich, Germany
- Residency in Psychiatry at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in New York City
- Psychoanalytic Training at William Alanson White Institute in New York City
- Worked at Vermont State Hospital in Waterbury as psychiatrist, medical director, and executive director, retired as of 2003
- Worked with Doctors without Borders for half a year in 2004/2005
- He is on the Clinical Faculty at Fletcher Allen in the Department of Psychiatry at UVM teaching classes and supervising psychiatry residents
- In part-time private practice at his West Glover home since 2005